Saturday, April 3, 2010

"For the Love of the Game"

I am working on a project/exhibit that will highlight various stages of the sport of ice hockey. I am putting together images of ice hockey as played at all levels, from pond hockey through the pros.

The idea is to give a fan a view of the various levels of hockey that exist, and how they relate to each other. I am going to print large images (4 foot by 8 foot) of these various stages, and exhibit them in various hockey arenas.

I have been working on gathering the images, and just got done shooting the last two levels that I needed to complete the project, the AHL and NHL.

The selection process is going to be fun!

With the Memorial Cup just a week away, and the Prospect Camps a few short months away, I started to purge the laptop of images from this past season to get ready. I am working on a project for exhibition at a few of the WHL arenas next season that celebrates the sport at all levels. I found a few that I had forgotten about that I enjoyed. I thought I would share a few, hope you enjoy them, I know I sure enjoyed taking them!

http://actionsportsimages.smugmug.com/Hockey/Love-of-the-Game/12103346_C22JE#860163359_sWqUr